Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Jobriath Discography 101

Pidgeon LP (DJ Promo Copy, 1969)


Here's my water-damaged copy of the Pidgeon album. This is an old radio promo copy with forty odd years of ring wear on the cardboard sleeve. The record inside is in great shape and plays wonderfully.



Pidgeon's sole LP is a gatefold record, featuring some far out, psychedelic flourishes.








I bought my Jobriath LP from a Danish seller on Musicstack, while I was still attending high school. The amount of money I invested was a bit extravagant. I think the grand total for this record was around fifty-four dollars.The grandiose, gatefold record is reasonably worn, US pressing. The vinyl contained within is pristine. I have since vowed never to spend anything above a budget of fifteen dollars on a vinyl record, unless it contains material by any artist that I truly respect. I believe it is quite safe to say that I would pool my savings on any new Jobriath releases.


The flamboyant, pre-Brian Slade, naked torso in all of its androgynous glory!





A US pressing of Jobriath's sophomore LP, 'Creatures of the Street.'


The flip side of the 'Creatures' sleeve features personal artwork from Jobriath himself.





            All photos and text appearing in this blog entry were originally uploaded to Facebook 
                                                                        on November 29, 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment